Welding: Aluminum Only
Local family's heirloom sparks creativity, challenge for second-year welding student John Kunis.Read more ...
UCC student chooses non-traditional career path in high-demand industry.Read more ...
UCC teams up with Miller Electric Manufacturing & Airgas.Read more ...
Former UCC student focusing on a career in underwater welding.Read more ...
The Aluminum Only Pathway Certificate enriches our community with access to modern and up to date welding education that meets or exceeds industry standards.
The Aluminum Only Pathway Certificate program is designed to provide study in the areas of Aluminum Fabrication to prepare students for entry-level employment in the Aluminum Manufacturing industry. Related occupations for this program certificate would include; boat manufacturing, aerospace and aviation, viticulture and brewing, petrochemical and LNG production.
Students who successfully complete the Welding Pathway Certificate will:
- Apply fundamentals of aluminum welding, including the basics of common joining processes, cutting and gouging,measurement, fabrication, repair, material identification, and visual acceptance criteria
- Interpret and apply basic elements of blueprints such as line type identification, symbols, notes, 2D and 3D interpretation, dimensioning and measurement
- Exhibit “soft skills” such as; timeframe awareness, follow through and completion of work, positive interactions with fellow classmates, good communication, positive attitude, and good work ethics
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of safe working conditions, as well as, safety in handling materials, equipment, and personal protective equipment
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our response form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Welding program.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
Aluminum is the metal of the future. It is 1/3 the weight of steel, has excellent strength to weight ratio, is virtually corrosion resistant, and 100% recyclable. These material properties and many more are making Aluminum the choice metal for future engineering applications around the world, and the Aluminum Only Pathway Certificate prepares students for entry-level jobs and future careers in the following areas:
- Boat builders
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Tool & Die makers
- Quality Control
- Trucking & Transportation equipment
- Welding Sales
- Automotive Industries
Did you know?
- The U.S. will need over 375,000 welding professionals by 2023.
- Welding is used to build ships, automobiles, planes and space vehicles.
- A welding career can lead to financial security, career advancement and important work in areas around the world.
- Scholarships and grants are available from the American Welding Society.
High School Students
Get a head start by becoming a dual credit student. Dual credit students attend UCC and high school at the same time! You can complete high school requirements, work on college prerequisites and earn credits towards a degree or certificate all at the same time.
Residents of WA, ID, NV, and CA
If you are from Washington, Idaho, Nevada, or California, you pay Oregon resident tuition rates. That's a big discount! You might also be interested in what life is like around UCC. Find out.
Money for College
Get access to millions of dollars that are available to students - not just loans. There are scholarships, grants and work study opportunities too! Every student can use money for college. It can help you to be more successful. Plus, it can lower your debt load when you finish college. Some students actually leave college debt-free! Here are some important sources of money for college. Don't let these opportunities for financial aid pass you by. Act now! Decide. Commit. Succeed.
- Pell Grants part of FAFSA (for undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need.)
- Federal Work Study part of FAFSA (Work on Campus. Get experience in the workforce.)
- Scholarships, OSAC, FAFSA, and more (Sources of money for college.)
- UCC Scholars (Tuition waiver for high school seniors with high GPAs.)
At UCC, you can earn a variety of certificates and degrees that can enhance your current career or place you in the workforce sooner. Plus, UCC offers:
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should contact an Enrollment Advisor to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
Ian Fisher - Contact
Associate Professor, Coordinator, Welding