Canvas is the official learning management system used at UCC. It is used to deliver the online courses and can also be used to supplement the classroom.
Supplementing your Face-to-Face Course with Canvas
Follow the steps below to learn how to supplement your face-to-face course using the Canvas learning management system.
From the umpqua.edu website, click on the Canvas link at the top of the page. Your initial login is your 800# and your 8-digit (mmddyyyy) birthdate as your password.
If you are unable to log in you may reset your password by selecting "Forgot Password?". Faculty should enter their umpqua.edu email in the reset step (and not their student.umpqua.edu email). If you still need assistance resetting your password please contact any of the following:
Canvas Support 24 hours a day: 1-855-782-5890
Once logged in, you should update your password following these instructions.
View these pre-selected resources for instructors:
- Navigating the Canvas Interface
- Recommended Course Settings
- Changing the Course Navigation Menu
- Adding a Course Syllabus
- Organize your content by Creating and Managing Modules
- Adding Assignments to the Grade Book (All Canvas Assignments will be automatically linked to Grade Book and Syllabus)
- Entering Grades
- Posting Announcements
- Make your Course Available to Students
Teaching Fully Online or Hybrid Course
For more information, you can also access the Canvas guides directly using the links below.