“I wanted to prove that I could do it. And I did. Hard work pays off.”Read more ...
Retired military veteran returns home to his roots.Read more ...
Former UCC student now spends his time making a difference in others’ lives.Read more ...
Umpqua Community College’s partnership with Toyota offers a Toyota Option for students who want to become Toyota Certified in addition to the Automotive Technology Certificates and AAS Degree.
The goal of the T-TEN program is to train future automotive technicians to work for Toyota dealership service departments. The T-TEN standard requires student technicians to receive 2 years of training that is divided between technical college classroom/lab education and Toyota dealership internship education experience.
The students need to complete the following requirements:
- Meet all school requirements for degree, including all general education requirements.
- Pass each of Toyota’s required tests in ELearning and Instructor led, Toyota infused classes. All test scores must be 80% or higher for student seeking Toyota certificate.
- Complete an approved Worksite Education Experience of a minimum 640 hours (Note: 425 hours are included in the UCC degree), which increases electives from 11 to 13 (see Program Adviser)
- Pass any TWO ASE tests from A-1 through A-8
- Pass an Air-Conditioning Certificate from one of the following organizations:
- ASE (Refrigerant recovery and recycling certification test)
- Mobile Air Conditioning Society
- International Mobile Air Conditioning Association
Total Degree requirements for AAS degree with Toyota option = 91
Students in the T-TEN program will be responsible for travel, housing, and living expenses during the required summer internship. Cost varies according to internship location, and are not covered by student fees.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our response form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Automotive program.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
View / Download Career Pathways information for Automotive Service Technology
View / Download catalog information for T-Ten Automotive (AAS Degree)
View / Download catalog information for T-Ten Advanced Technician (Certificate)
View / Download catalog information for T-Ten Basic Technician (Certificate)
Money for College
Get access to millions of dollars that are available to students - not just loans. There are scholarships, grants and work study opportunities too! Every student can use money for college. It can help you to be more successful. Plus, it can lower your debt load when you finish college. Some students actually leave college debt-free! Here are some important sources of money for college. Don't let these opportunities for financial aid pass you by. Act now! Decide. Commit. Succeed.
At UCC, you can earn a variety of certificates and degrees that can enhance your current career or place you in the workforce sooner. Plus, UCC offers:
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
John Blakely - Contact
Coordinator, Associate Professor, Automotive