Welcome to Umpqua Community College!
Attending a two-hour on-campus Student Orientation is an important part of getting a strong start to your academic adventure.
Orientation will help you:
- identify where to get important information and assistance;
- learn the key online tools used at Umpqua Community College
- recognize key college policies, procedures, and practices; and
- develop relationships with staff, faculty, and other students.
Student Orientation takes place on-campus in small group settings; there is a maximum of 25 students per session and sign-up is on a first-come, first-served basis. You will need your UCC 800 ID number in order to sign-up.
Step 1: Sign Up
- Saturday, June 2nd from 9:30-11:30 -- WCH 11/17
- Tuesday, June 5th from 10-12 -- JH 14
- Tuesday, June 12th from 10-12
- Thursday, June 21st from 2-4
- Tuesday, June 26th from 5:30-6:30
- Wednesday, July 11th from 10-12
- Tuesday, July 17th from 3-5
- Thursday, July 26th from 10-12
- Thursday, August 9th from 9-11
- Tuesday, August 14th from 5:30-7:30
Veterans-Only Orientation Dates
- Contact Jasen Lynch for more information on orientation dates for our Veterans.
Step 2: Show up
After signing up for a session, you will receive a confirmation email 2 days prior to your orientation date with Where, When, and What to bring reminders for your orientation. You will receive this confirmation email at the email address used when you sign up for orientation.
Check-in begins 15 minutes before the start time of your orientation.
You must participate in all components of the two-hour event in order to fulfill the requirement of completing orientation. Students who arrive late or leave early will be responsible for signing up for a different session.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check-in will be at the assigned room for your orientation. Look for the green student orientation signs on-campus for assistance in locating the assigned room.
- Your UCC student ID number. Starts with 800XXXXXX
Two hours total:
- Presentation, 50 minutes
- Break, 5 minutes
- Campus Mini-Tour, 15 minutes
- Hands-On, 50 minutes
Yes. You must participate in all components of the two-hour event in order to fulfill the requirement of completing orientation. Students who arrive late or leave early will be responsible for signing up for a different session.
You may park in any of the white or yellow painted parking spaces on campus.
Academic Advising Specialist
Umpqua Community College
1140 Umpqua College Rd.
Roseburg, OR 97470