- Direct, advise and assist users of landfills or transfer sites in proper disposal procedures
- Monitor incoming traffic and disposal areas for special waste
- Explain and enforce departmental policy and procedures
- Provide recycle information
- Issue warnings and citations; report violations
- Notify County staff when transfer boxes are full and require removal to landfill site.
- Prepare boxes for transport to main landfill.
- Assist County staff in loading and unloading drop boxes from tractor units and level out waste material within bins; raise and lower screened covers
- Maintain transfer site area; sweep stalls when transfer box is removed
- Collect special waste fees and maintain related paperwork.
- Assist collection franchisees in cleaning debris; sweep brow log area after collection has unloaded
- Resolve problems associated with facility users
- Collect waste fees; maintain cash box and related paperwork
- Maintain daily log of activities, incidents, violations, waste volumes
- At landfill - weigh all incoming loads; maintain log of incidents, violations and waste volumes. Monitor wood waste, tire and glass areas for unauthorized disposal
- May be required to monitor community corrections offenders assigned to transfer site
- Open and close site at appointed hour; open and close barrier gates for permit holders.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Any combination of course work, experience and training which provides required knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Work experience must include working with people. Collective work effort expected of employees and ability to accept feedback.
Job Status: On Call / Part Time
Hours: Depend on Employer
Wage: $11.60 Per Hour
How to Apply: Online with Douglas County HR