Our Village department is currently looking for dedicated and enthusiastic interns to assist in helping us in maintaining our diverse animal collection. Our collection includes reptiles, invertebrates, birds and mammals of all sizes. Interns will be working as full-time keepers and will assist in every aspect of animal care including, but not limited to; diet prep, daily husbandry, exhibit maintenance, enrichment, operant conditioning, medical procedures, observation, and public interaction. The village does do a variety of keeper talks and private encounters; memorization and public speaking are required skills. The internship is unpaid for a period of three months. Off-site housing is offered for a small fee (no pets allowed). Transportation is NOT provided.
Job Title: Village Department Intern
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must have at least two years toward a college degree in an animal related field
- Preferred to have some animal related experience
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Negative TB test
- Good people skills
- Able to speak to the public both individually and in a presentation setting
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs
Job Status: Full-Time (Volunteer) 3 Months with possible 3 month extension.
There are four sections of the internship:
- Winter (December-February)
- Spring (March-May)
- Summer (June-August)
- Fall (September-November)
- When sending your resume, cover-letter, and references - please specify which session(s) you are applying for.
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week (Flexible)
How to Apply: Check with UCC Student Job Placement