- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, explaining recommended treatment service and providing postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records. •Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies, and verifying receipt as assigned.
- Eliminates waste and conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High school diploma
- Completion of a state board dental assistant training program or the equivalent; original certificate to be made available for posting in practice
- EFDA certification
- Oregon sealant certification
- Denture soft reline certification Preferred Education and Experience:
- One year of related experience 2.Oregon X-ray certification 3.Dentrix software experience or similar
Job Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday
Wage: Depend on Experience
How to Apply: UCC Student Job Placement