This is a new certificate based on four CIS courses: CIS 240M, CIS 279M, CIS 288M, and CIS 289M. These four courses are each mapped to Microsoft industry-based certifications based on current Microsoft Server technologies and practices.
Students will be able to earn this certification and then continue seamlessly on to our other CIS programs. Those who are already employed in the profession that want to upgrade their server administration skills may also benefit from this certificate. This certificate may also lead to employment in server administration.
Server Administrators install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system or a segment of a network system. Maintain network hardware and software. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
View / Download Career Pathways information for Computer Information Systems
View / download catalog information for Server Administrator Certificate
Other CIS Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Computer Science: AS
- Cybersecurity: AAS - New!
- Computer Information Systems: AAS
- Computer Information Systems: One-Year Certificate
- Junior Database Administrator: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Programmer: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Web Developer: Pathways Certificate
- Cisco Networking Support Technician: Pathways Certificate
- Microsoft Networking Support: Pathways Certificate
- Microsoft Office Technologist: Pathways Certificate
Money for College
Don't miss your chance to apply for a UCC Foundation Scholarship! The application period is open now through March 13. The UCC Scholars application is combined in the same application process. Need help? Check out scholarship nights. (Feb 21 & Mar 7)
At UCC, you can earn a TWO-YEAR TRANSFER DEGREE for less than you'll pay for one year at a state university. Plus, UCC offers:
• Seamless, direct transfer degrees
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
John Blackwood, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS
Vince Yip, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS