Thank you for your interest in studying at UCC and applying for UCC Foundation Scholarships.
The UCC Foundation Scholarship
Application is OPEN
February 11 - March 20, 2020
Tip 1: Use your UCC email. All students have an email address like this: 800xxxxxx[at]student.umpqua.edu. The email address will begin with your student ID number.
Tip 2: First time logging into Awardspring? Set your password. If your Self Service password meets the criteria for Awardspring, use that one so you don't have to remember another password.
Tip 3: Still unable to log in?
- Call Honey McNamara at 541-440-7674.
- Call the UCC Help Desk at 541-440-7808.
- Call Awardspring at 888-258-5628.
What is the best way to prepare?
- Apply to UCC! Only admitted students are eligible for UCC Foundation Scholarships. Admitting to UCC could take up to 2 business days. Current UCC students are eligible too! Current students should be planning to attend UCC again in the Fall.
- Make sure you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Declare UCC as your college of choice. Use school code 003222. It will establish your need for financial help.
- Be sure that you can log in to the Student Self Service website. Hint: Do this after you are admitted to UCC.
- Be sure that you can log in and send emails from your Student Email. Student emails have the format 800xxxxx[at]student.umpqua[dot]edu. Hint: Do this after you are admitted to UCC.
- Be prepared to write 150 word essays. Gather people who can proof your writing. Here are questions to work on:
- Describe your major and your long term professional goals. What stimulated your interest in your chosen major and what attributes do you possess that you feel would enhance your career?
- What does success look like to you? Share an example.
- Please tell us what a scholarship would mean to you.
- Describe a significant change, experience or hardship that has occurred in your life. How did you respond and what did you learn about yourself?
- Choose 2-3 people who can provide a GOOD DETAILED reference about you. Ask them NOW. Get their email addresses. Remind them BEFORE the scholarship deadline.
- Pre-register for one of our Scholarship Nights.
Learn how to submit a successful application!
Pre-register for one of our Scholarship Nights - February 20 & 27, 4 - 6 p.m., UCC main campus, LaVerne Murphy Student Center.
Watch some video testimonials from past scholarship recipients.
More Money for College
Lista de las becas en español
Ver y bajar una lista de las becas y sus descripción
Additional Resource Links
- Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC) - Scholarship Catalog
- OEDb - College Scholarship Database
- College Answer
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- Scholarship Scams - Be aware and wary of ‘scholarship scams’ and organizations that promise money or who are willing to do the work for you.
Scholarship & Donor Relations Coordinator
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
LaVerne Murphy Student Center - map