The resources provided below are an optional opportunity to learn about selected topic(s) and are a part of providing comprehensive student services. We make these resources available to all students, regardless of whether they are taking classes on campus, remotely, or on-line.
You are encouraged to review the materials as you feel comfortable. The suggested videos, downloads, and websites are offered to you to promote your safety and well-being as a student at UCC.
Intimate Partner Violence - click to open
Sexual Violence Awareness - click to open
- Summary of the Violence Against Women Act - from the Clery Center
- VAWA Resources - The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is a landmark piece of legislation that sought to improve criminal justice and community-based responses to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking in the United States.
- The Hotline® - resources from the National Domestic Violence Hotline
- It's On Us - This program launched following recommendations from the White House Task Force to Prevent Sexual Assault that noted the importance of calling everyone into the conversation on sexual assault prevention.
Video Resources from AMAZE Org
- What Is Sexual Assault?
- What Is Sexual Harassment?
- Sexual Assault, Consent and Sexual Harassment: What's The Difference?
Title IX - click to open
College Resources from Know Your IX
- What is Title IX? - video from SSAIS - although focused on K-12, this video summarizes key points related to Title IX
- Know Your Nine - a video from Amy Poehler's Smart Girls
- Nine Fast Facts About Sexual Assault and Title IX - PDF download from the National Women's Law Center
- Title IX Protections From Bullying & Harassment in School: FAQs for Students - PDF download from the National Women's Law Center
Alcohol and Drug Awareness - click to open
- Learn the facts about the most commonly used drugs - from National Institute on Drug Abuse
- The Signs that Alcohol is Causing Harm - a risk assessment - from National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- College Drinking Fact Sheet - from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Alcohol and You: An Interactive Body - from College Drinking Prevention
- Virtual Bar - This site helps you estimate your BAC level based on a variety of factors including alcohol and food consumption, time elapsed, and body type. It also helps to give you a sense of how long it would take for your BAC level to return to 0.00. It is probably longer than you think
|24 Hour Addiction Treatment Hotline||877.340.0184|
|Addiction Center||888 641-4684.|
|Al Anon and Alateen||888.425.2666||www.oregonal-anon.org|
|Alcohol Abuse 24 Hour Hotline:||800.950.7226|
|Crystal Meth Anonymous||www.crystalmeth.org|
|Drug Abuse Hotline||877.959.7812|
|Lines for Life||800-273-8255||www.linesforlife.org|
Hazing Prevention - click to open
- We Don't Haze - a video from the Clery Center
- What Hazing Looks Like - video from HazingPrevention.Org™ - a national nonprofit 501(c)3 organization empowering people to prevent hazing through education, advocacy and engagement of the community in hazing prevention.
- Smart Steps 4 Staying SafeTM - an infographic from prevent.zone
Bystander Intervention - click to open
- One Student's Take on Bystander Intervention - Video from OneStudentOrg
- The Five D's of Bystander Intervention - from Hollaback!
- Bystander Intervention Tips and Strategies - PDF download - from National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- Bystander Intervention Resources - from National Sexual Violence Resource Center