Renewable Materials: Art & Design
Associate of Science Degree
Articulated with Oregon State University
Students in the art and design option are concerned about wood products on an aesthetic level. This option prepares students to
engage with renewable materials on an aesthetic level, whether as interior designers, fine artists or entrepreneurs. Students will
gain an in-depth knowledge of how renewable materials can function visually within the human space. In addition, students will achieve an understanding of green building materials and green architecture. Graduates will be prepared to start their own design-centered businesses or consult others. This option prepares students to engage with renewable materials on an aesthetic level, whether as interior designers, fine artists or entrepreneurs.
The Art & Design option studies renewable materials on an aesthetic level, whether as interior designers, fine artists, or entrepreneurs. Students will develop a knowledge of renewable materials and how those materials can function visually within the human space. In addition to the aesthetic aspect, students will gain an understanding of green building materials and green architecture.
This UCC program aligns with the programs offered through the OSU College of Forestry Program. UCC students that complete the Renewable Materials: Art and Design AS degree in Forestry will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Demonstrate ability to find, compile, analyze and communicate technical information in a concise format
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of wood and similar renewable materials and relevant utilization challenges
- Understand types and functions of renewable materials within the human space. (does space also mean environment
- Engage with renewable materials on an aesthetic level marketing programs for green products
OSU Degree Partnership Program
UCC works closely with Oregon State University (OSU) so that students can dual-enroll, pursue any degree that OSU offers, reap cost savings, and benefit from access to more scholarships and services. Learn more.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Renewable Materials programs.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
The Renewable Materials curriculum at UCC is intended to meet the requirements for the first two years of course work necessary for application to the Renewable Materials professional program at Oregon State University, College of Forestry.
Art and Design professionals work in construction, fabrication, and architecture fields. They also work as urban and regional planners.
Related Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Renewable Materials: Advanced Wood Manufacturing: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Art & Design: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Management & Marketing: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Science & Engineering: Associate of Science Degree
- Forestry Degree Programs
- Natural Resources: Associate of Science Degree
Bryan Benz - Contact
Assistant Professor, Science