Analyze, design, implement, and support computers running the Windows Server in a small to medium-sized standalone or domain-based environment; and exhibit problem-solving and critical thinking skills in an individual and/or team environment..
Spotlight on Student Success : Startup Weekend
UCC CIS students gain valuable experience in Entrepreneurship and Business.
Get the details.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our response form. This will alert us that you are interested in the CIS programs.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
Network Administrators install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system or a segment of a network system. They maintain network hardware and software, monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users, and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. They may supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
This occupation is expected to grow much faster than the statewide average. Total job openings are projected to be somewhat higher than the statewide average.
View / download catalog information for Microsoft Networking Support Technician Certificate
View / download advising information for Microsoft Networking Support Technician Certificate
Other CIS Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Computer Science: AS
- Cybersecurity: AAS - New!
- Computer Information Systems: AAS
- Computer Information Systems: One-Year Certificate
- Junior Database Administrator: Pathway Certificate
- Junior Programmer: Pathway Certificate
- Junior Web Developer: Pathway Certificate
- Cisco Networking Support Technician: Pathway Certificate
- Server Administrator: Pathway Certificate
- Microsoft Office Technologist: Pathway Certificate
High School Students
Get a head start by becoming a dual credit student. Dual credit students attend UCC and high school at the same time! You can complete high school requirements, work on college prerequisites and earn credits towards a degree or certificate all at the same time.
Residents of WA, ID, NV, and CA
If you are from Washington, Idaho, Nevada, or California, you pay Oregon resident tuition rates. That's a big discount! You might also be interested in what life is like around UCC. Find out.
Money for College
Get access to millions of dollars that are available to students - not just loans. There are scholarships, grants and work study opportunities too! Every student can use money for college. It can help you to be more successful. Plus, it can lower your debt load when you finish college. Some students actually leave college debt-free! Here are some important sources of money for college. Don't let these opportunities for financial aid pass you by. Act now! Decide. Commit. Succeed.
- Pell Grants part of FAFSA (for undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need.)
- Federal Work Study part of FAFSA (Work on Campus. Get experience in the workforce.)
- Scholarships, OSAC, FAFSA, and more (Sources of money for college.)
- UCC Scholars (Tuition waiver for high school seniors with high GPAs.)
At UCC, you can earn a variety of certificates and degrees that can enhance your current career or place you in the workforce sooner. Plus, UCC offers:
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should contact an Enrollment Advisor to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
John Blackwood, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS
Vince Yip, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS