ASUCC 2021 Elections
Interested in being a Student Leader?
Applications for 2021-2022 ASUCC Officers are available Friday, March 19, 2021 to April 23, 2021 @ 6pm. For your name to appear on the ASUCC Elections ballot, your application must be received by 6:00pm on April 23. A write-in candidate must submit the application no later than May 7 at 9:00am.
The deadline for applications is Friday, April 23 @ 6 p.m. Candidates are still able to write-in after this date. Please review application packet for more information.
- An ASUCC Leadership Board Application
- A candidate photo and candidate biography
- A typed nomination statement of no more than 250 words; and
- A nomination petition with twenty-five (25) signatures from students currently enrolled in college credits or other credit at Umpqua Community College
To provide a student signature for an applicant, you can use the following:
Online ASUCC Applicant Signature Collection
In addition the applicant must:
- Attend two ASUCC Leadership Board meetings in the current academic year and no later than May 7. The meeting requirement must be met prior to campaigning. If the applicant is unable to attend ASUCC Leadership Board meetings due to a class conflict, the applicant must meet with the ASUCC Elections Chair to determine a viable alternative.
Applicants shall receive a copy of the Candidates’ Handbook upon approval of their nomination petition by the ASUCC Leadership Board. Virtual campaigning runs from Monday, April 26, 2021 @ 9am through the close of voting on Friday, May 14, 2021 @ 6pm. However, candidates may not begin to campaign until they have received the Candidates Handbook, have reviewed the handbook with the ASUCC Elections Chair, and have signed a Candidate Agreement. Candidates must also attend two ASUCC Leadership Board meetings in the current academic year and no later than May 6, 2021; the meeting requirement must be met prior to campaigning.
Applicants will not resort to character defamation, libel or slander of another applicant which includes, but is not limited to remarks and/or written statements regarding other applicants’ integrity, character and ability to hold office. ASUCC Elections are not a popularity contest. It is not an opportunity to belittle another applicant/candidate in order to appear better. This is about who you are and what you will bring to the position.
All qualified candidates who submit their application materials by the April 23 deadline will have their name placed on the ASUCC Spring Elections ballot. Any qualified applicant who misses the deadline may run as a write-in candidate, but must complete the application process, including attending ASUCC Leadership Board Meetings and meeting with the ASUCC Elections Chair to receive/review and sign the Candidate Agreement by May 7 at 9 a.m.
Selection will be by popular vote in the ASUCC Spring Election.