ECMC - Student loan repayment and financial literacy services

Financial Aid Handbook and Student Aid Guide

Return To Title IV, Requirements and Standards

Return To Title IV (R2T4)

Students, who receive federal financial aid and then withdraw from ALL classes, receive ALL “F’s”, or any combination of both, during a term may have to repay some or all of the federal funds they received.  Click here to review UCC’s Return to Title IV Policy.

Student aid recipients who are considering withdrawal from a class or all classes are strongly encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office for complete information.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

General Information

In accordance with the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, Umpqua Community College (UCC) established Satisfactory Academic Progress policies. These policies apply to all students who apply for and receive Federal Financial aid. Click here to review the full policy.

Minimum satisfactory academic progress standards include:

  • Register for and successfully complete credits required for an eligible program of study
  • Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0
  • Maintain an acceptable PACE calculation toward your degree or certificate completion of 67% or higher
  • Complete degree or certificate requirements within 150% of the published credits required for degree or certificate completion, also referred to as Maximum Attempted Credits

Note: Failure to meet these requirements will result in suspension of eligibility for student aid funds and/or repayment of funds received.

Current and previous coursework earned at any college will be reviewed for compliance with the standards put forth in this policy. Transcripts submitted to the Admissions Office at UCC will be evaluated for SAP purposes.

General Requirements

Students receiving financial aid must be enrolled in an eligible program. An eligible program is defined as:

  • A certificate program that prepares a student for gainful employment in a recognized occupation, or 
  • An associate degree (AA, AS or AAS), or
  • A two-year academic transfer program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor degree. (AAOT) 

Financial Aid Office

1140 Umpqua College Rd
Roseburg, OR 97470
Phone: 541-440-7645
Fax: 541-440-4612
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hours: Mon - Thu, 8 a.m. - 6:45 p.m.; Fri, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.