Financial Aid Eligibility
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Register with Selective Service if you are male and 18 to 25 years of age (go to www.sss.gov for more information)
- Have a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a GED certificate or completing a high school education in a home-school setting approved under state law
- Be admitted and enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program at UCC
- Not have a drug conviction for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid (such as grants, loans, or work-study)
- Not owe an overpayment on a federal grant or be in a default on a federal student loan
- Demonstrate financial need (A Stafford Unsubsidized Loan is the exception)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Not be enrolled simultaneously in a high school diploma completion program
Students cannot receive more need-based aid than it costs to attend college. Examples of need-based aid at UCC are:
- Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Federal Direct Loan (Subsidized)
Some aid programs are limited so apply early. The date students apply for financial aid can affect their award.
Students Selected for Verification
If you've been selected for verification, it means that we are required to compare your FAFSA data to your federal tax data and other resources. Your Student Aid Report (SAR) will tell you if you've been selected for verification. UCC will request documents from you - these will show up in your Student Self Service under Financial Aid, then Eligibility. After you have submitted all documents, the UCC Financial Aid Office will make any necessary corrections to your FAFSA and notify you of your financial aid eligibility in your UCC student email. Corrections may take up to 5 days to process.
If the FAFSA doesn't allow significant facts or changes in your financial situation to be reflected (such as a loss of income), submit a Special Circumstance form to the UCC Financial Aid Office. The Special Circumstance form is available by clicking here.