Page 11 of 14
Article IX—ASUCC Executive Council
Section I - The Structure
- Each member of the ASUCC Executive Council shall have one vote and there shall be no absentee or proxy voting.
- The ASUCC Executive Council quorum is defined by the majority of currently filled Executive Officer Positions.
- Once quorum is established, the ASUCC Executive Council can vote on business concerning the ASUCC Leadership Team including use of funds from the Operations Account (funding that comes from the Institution).
- Any business voted on in the absence of quorum will be invalid.
Section II - Meeting
- The ASUCC Executive Council shall meet weekly during the academic year, with the exception of vacations, holidays and finals week.
- An ASUCC Executive Council Meeting may be called at any time by the ASUCC President.
- The ASUCC Executive Council Meeting space shall be determined by the ASUCC President, or acting chair.
- The ASUCC Executive Council Meeting shall be used for planning time for upcoming events, discussion of the good and welfare of the organization including use of funds from the Operations Account.
Section III - Powers and Authority
- The ASUCC Executive Council shall have the power to appoint an ASUCC Executive Officer or Senator into any ASUCC Executive Officer position as deemed fit at their discretion.
- The ASUCC Executive Council shall have the power and authority to evaluate any member of the ASUCC Leadership Board for the following:
- Failure to maintain the responsibilities, duties and/or minimum qualifications of his/her position.
- Failure to follow the policies and procedures outlined in any of the ASUCC documents and applicable UCC documents.
- Abuse of power of office.
- If found by the UCC Vice President of Student Services to have committed a violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
- If the ASUCC Executive Council finds such to be true, a recommendation shall be made to the ASUCC Leadership Review Committee for further action.
Section IV - Academic Requirements
ASUCC Executive Council Officers must meet the following academic requirements for holding office:
- Maintain enrollment and complete a minimum of nine (9) credits per term (fall, winter and spring) at Umpqua Community College.
- The minimum of nine (9) completed credits shall be defined as a grade of A, B, C, D or P in each class. Any incomplete grades require a plan of action for completion. The plan of action must be signed by the student and faculty member, and submitted to the ASUCC Advisor no later than the first week of the following term. Failure to complete the plan of action may result in termination.
- Earn a minimum term grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 for fall, winter and spring terms.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 for all terms serving in office (summer, fall, winter and spring).
- Failure to meet all of the mentioned academic requirements shall automatically and immediately place that Officer on probation as defined in the Bylaws.
- If an ASUCC Executive Council Officer does not meet academic requirements in the term following probation, the continuance of their position shall be determined by the ASUCC Leadership Review Committee.
Section V - Vacancies
All vacancies occurring among the ASUCC Executive Council shall first be opened up to the ASUCC Leadership Team.
- If the Executive Council is not able to appoint from within the ASUCC Leadership Team, the ASUCC Vice President or designee shall announce the vacancy when it occurs to the ASUCC Leadership Board, and the vacated position shall immediately be opened for appointment.
- If there is still no interest in the position or if the ASUCC Executive Council is still unable to appoint, the vacated position shall be opened up to the entire ASUCC for any qualified applicants.
- Applications for filling a vacancy on the ASUCC Executive Council shall be accepted by the ASUCC Vice President or designee for fourteen (14) days after the date a vacancy has been announced.
- The ASUCC Vice President or designee and the ASUCC Advisor shall perform the initial screening for academic requirements defined in the ASUCC Constitution.
- All final decisions on ASUCC Executive Officer appointments shall be decided by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the ASUCC Executive Council.
- In the case of a vacancy in in the position of ASUCC President, the ASUCC Vice President shall assume the duties and the position of ASUCC President until the vacancy is filled. In the case of vacancies occurring in both ASUCC President and ASUCC Vice President, the remaining ASUCC Executive Officers shall make appointments using the same outlined process.