Article IV—ASUCC Club Council
The purpose of the ASUCC Club Council is to share information, provide support for the ASUCC Student Leadership Team events and activities and to serve, when appropriate, as agents for inquiry and support for the students of Umpqua Community College.
The ASUCC Club Council shall be comprised of a representative from each of the active ASUCC recognized Student Organizations and Student Clubs.
ASUCC Club Council representatives, also referred to as representatives, must be enrolled in a minimum of three (3) credit hours. A student cannot serve as a representative for any club if he/she has been previously dismissed from the position.
Each ASUCC Club Council representative is selected by the voting body of his/her respective club. Each ASUCC Student Organization and ASUC Student Club has the option of selecting more than one (1) student to serve as an ASUCC Club Council Representative. However, in the situation where there is more than one (1) ASUCC Club Council representative for an ASUCC Student Organization or ASUCC Student Club, that Student Organization or Student Club is still allotted one (1) vote.
A club may select a student to serve as the ASUCC Club Council representative who does not meet the academic requirements as outlined above, but will not be considered a voting member of the ASUCC Student Leadership Team.
Section 4—Assumption of Duties
Each ASUCC Club Council representative assumes his/her responsibilities and duties upon selection by his/her respective club and confirmation from the ASUCC Advisor that the academic requirement has been met.
Section 5—ASUCC Club Council Representative Responsibilities
It shall be the responsibility of an ASUCC Club Council representative to:
- Attend and participate in at least three (3) regularly scheduled ASUCC Student Leadership Team meetings each quarter (excluding summer quarter) in order to ensure active club status. If there is a scheduling conflict and an ASUCC Club Council representative cannot attend the ASUCC Student Leadership Team meetings, the absence must be approved by the ASUCC Student Leadership Team.
- Serve as a voting member of ASUCC Student Leadership Team if the academic qualifications for serving as a representative are met.
- Report on ASUCC Student Organization or ASUCC Student Club activities.
- Report back to the ASUCC Student Organization or ASUCC Student Club regarding ASUCC Student Leadership Team activities.
- Be responsible for taking any student concerns to the ASUCC Student Leadership Team meetings.
- If asked, solicit volunteers from the ASUCC Student Organization or ASUCC Student Club to assist with ASUCC Student Leadership Team activities.
- If asked, assist with promotion of ASUCC Student Leadership Team activities.