Associate of Science Degree
Articulated with Southern Oregon University
“I love that I am able to help improve my community through the work I do as a Parole & Probation Officer.”Read more ...
“The skills and education that is gained in the criminal justice field will only help you be a better person, have a stronger skill set and be a more marketable candidate for whatever path you chose.”Read more ...
“The reserve academy was a huge turning point in my life and one of my biggest accomplishments. I wouldn’t be in this career field without it."Read more ...
Recent PRA Coordinator and UCC alum Brad O'Dell shares what lead him to become a Sergeant and PIO with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department.Read more ...
UCC Police Reserve Academy graduate demonstrates the right qualities to be successful in law enforcement.Read more ...
The Criminal Justice program assists students in acquiring the skills necessary to be successful in the field of law enforcement, corrections and other related fields.
The Associate of Science degree (Criminal Justice) has been developed with the cooperation and support of Southern Oregon University (SOU). The degree is fully articulated with SOU’s Criminology and Criminal Justice program and allows students to transfer directly as juniors as pre-majors in CCJ. See the articulation agreement on the SOU website.
Students who successfully complete an Associate of Science degree in Criminal Justice will:
- Identify the major steps of the criminal justice process and how a case proceeds through the criminal justice system, including landmark U.S. Supreme court decisions.
- Communicate effectively in the criminal justice system via writing, verbal and non-verbal skills.
- Recognize how criminal justice professionals work effectively within a diverse society.
- Work effectively with diverse persons within society with respect to culture, heritage, gender, and age.
- Demonstrate cognitive knowledge focusing on positive criminal justice professional/citizen contacts, with the principal emphasis on the importance of a continuing dialogue between the criminal justice system and all segments of the community.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Criminal Justice program.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
The Criminal Justice program prepares students for entry-level jobs and future careers in the following areas: law enforcement, corrections, and parole and probation.
Other Degrees and Certificates at UCC
- Criminal Justice: AAS
- Police Reserve Academy
- Human Services: AAS
- Human Services: AS articulated with SOU
- Natural Resources: Conservation Law Enforcement: AS articulated with OSU
Keith Yori - Contact
Coordinator, Criminal Justice Program
© 2022 Umpqua Community College, 1140 Umpqua College Rd., Roseburg, OR 97470
Phone: 541-440-4600 | Toll Free: 800-820-5161 | Oregon Relay TTY: 711
UCC Non-Discrimination Statement.
UCC is an equal opportunity employer and educator.
Umpqua Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.