By using a library computer, you agree to abide by the UCC Acceptable Use Policy. All use of college-owned equipment and network services must be in compliance with applicable UCC policies, procedures and guidelines as well as the laws of the State of Oregon.
- Community members and students not enrolled in UCC credit classes may use the Library Computer Lab for up to one hour per day.
- If not currently enrolled in a UCC credit class, or if printing items for personal use, please pay $.05 per page/side at the Library Circulation Desk.
- Lab printers are not available for special print jobs, such as printing to labels, envelopes, colored paper, or any products other than the plain white letter size paper stocked in the printer.
- Please keep printing to a minimum.
- Library Lab computers are available on a first come, first served basis. All computers in the lab have the same basic software available. There are two scanning stations available in the computer lab. Laptops are available for student check-out.
- Depending on availability, use of the library computers may be limited to current UCC students only. Anyone using lab computers for activities unrelated to course assignments may be asked to leave the lab when it is full and others are waiting. Students should be prepared to show a current UCC ID card when requested.
- No online gaming is permitted in the library lab between 9 am and 5 pm.
- The library computers are for accessing the Internet and library databases, or for using applications related to classroom instruction as discussed in the UCC Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you must converse in the computer lab, keep conversations brief and speak quietly. Phone conversations are not permitted in the lab; mute all devices while in the library.
- Use the recycling boxes provided.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the lab area. These items are to be stored in backpacks or on the table provided near the Library Lab.
- Operate the equipment with respect and care.
- No one under 16 years of age is allowed in the computer lab area. (Exception: underage students enrolled in a UCC class requiring the use of the library computers.)
- Failure to abide by these rules could result in loss of access to library computers.
- PLEASE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO USE THIS RESOURCE RESPONSIBLY. Please observe these restrictions and cooperate with the lab aide.
SOFTWARE AND DATA FILES
- Do not install or download any software to the hard drive.
- Do not run any programs from any storage medium.
- Do not plug any portable back up units, digital cameras, or any other peripherals into the lab computers without permission. Check with the staff first.
- Software may be installed on the computers by Computer Services staff only.
- Modification of any of the installed programs or system files is not allowed.
- In case of hardware or software problems or the need for paper contact the Lab Aide or Library staff.
- Please do not reboot computer if it locks up. Contact the lab aide or library staff.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!