Support from the UCC community has been great. Would you like to help? See below:
- Listen. Listen to somebody’s personal story and have empathy with how they and their family are impacted.
- Direct people to support. We have local, state and national level support available to help students, staff and community. Encourage people to take advantage of it.
- Communicate, communicate. Information is being updated regularly by law enforcement, the college and other sources. Be sure you know where to access it, so you can spread the right information.
- Donate. Send contributions to the UCCStrong Relief Fund via the Greater Douglas United Way, www.uccstrong.com or UCC Foundation, www.umpqua.edu/scholarships-donations.
- Support a UCC Solidarity effort. Wear a UCCStrong or IamUCC shirt and display stickers on your vehicle, home or business.
- Donate blood. Call The American Red Cross at 1-800-Red Cross to learn how.
- Seek counseling services. Community Health Alliance is offering drop-in counseling services in person or call 1-800-866-9780.