Cisco Networking Security Support Technician
Complete this program online.
Experience the convenience and flexibility of studying online with UCC.
Start classes any time. (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer)
The Cisco Networking Security Support Technician certificate program provides students with a quality education that motivates them to reach their full potential through up-to-date Cisco Networking Academy course content, relevant lab experiences, and real-world course material.
The Cisco Networking Security Support Technician is designed to equip students to analyze, design, and implement network systems, troubleshoot and solve problems, and demonstrate the skills necessary to obtain entry-level employment, or earn an AAS degree in a Computer Information Systems degree program.
Students who successfully complete the Cisco Networking Security Support Technician Pathway Certificate will:
- Analyze, design, implement and support basic network systems such as Cisco routers and switches.
- Exhibit problem-solving and critical thinking skills in an individual and/or team environment.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the CIS programs.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
Students completing the courses necessary to earn the Cisco Networking Security Support Technician certificate will possess the skills needed to analyze, design, implement, and support Cisco routers and switches in a small- to medium-sized standalone or domain-based environment; and exhibit problem-solving and critical thinking skills in an individual and/or team environment.
It is strongly recommended that Computer Science (CS) and Computer Information Systems (CIS) students have access to a personally-owned, 64-bit Windows laptop with at least 16 GB of RAM, 1-2 TB hard disk, and other standard laptop accessories. You can purchase a full version of Microsoft Office in the UCC campus store at a very low, discounted student price.
Other CIS Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Computer Science: AS
- Cybersecurity: AAS - New!
- Computer Information Systems: AAS
- Computer Information Systems: One-Year Certificate
- Junior Database Administrator: Pathway Certificate
- Junior Programmer: Pathway Certificate
- Junior Web Developer: Pathway Certificate
- Microsoft Networking Support: Pathway Certificate
- Server Administrator: Pathway Certificate
- Microsoft Office Technologist: Pathway Certificate
John Blackwood, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS
Vince Yip, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS