CIS Program Industry-Recognized Certification
Students often ask which industry certifications are mapped to UCC Computer Information Systems courses. The list below outlines certifications by vendor and by UCC course.
You must create a profile as part of any certification exam registration process. You should record your username, password, and site URL so that you can log into the site when needed. You will most likely create profiles at the CompTIA and Pearson VUE certification exam sites (see below).
- The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is mapped to UCC's CIS 151C-153C courses. Students can earn the CCNA by taking one certification exam, which is proctored by Pearson VUE. The exam costs (approx.) $250, but students can earn a substantial discount by successfully completing UCC's courses listed above. The CCNA is one of the most coveted industry-recognized certifications globally and UCC is a recognized Cisco Networking Academy.
- The Security+ certification costs $250 and is mapped to CIS 284 – Managing Network Security. This is an important certification that demonstrates knowledge of industry-accepted security knowledge and practices. The test is also proctored by Pearson VUE and costs (approx.) $250.
Microsoft certification exams are proctored by Pearson VUE, and each exam costs (approx.) $150. Passing the 70-740, 70-741, and 70-742 exams earns the Microsoft Certified Solutions Administrator (MCSA) major certification for Windows Server 2016.
- CIS 140M maps to the Microsoft MD-100 and MD-101 certification exams
- CIS 240M maps to the 70-740 certification exam
- CIS 279M maps to the 70-741 certification exam
- CIS 289M maps to the 70-742 certification exam
John Blackwood, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS
Industry certifications held: CCNP Security; CCNA Routing & Switching; MCSE: Core Infrastructure (Windows Server 2016); Certified Ethical Hacker; Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator; Linux+; LPIC-1, A+
Vince Yip, MS - Contact
Assistant Professor, CIS