The Office of Business Services enhances the educational experience of the college community through customer service, process improvement, and effective fiscal and resource management.
- Assure financial integrity of the college
- Through this goal, the Office of Business Services acts as a fiduciary and a steward to ensure that the College is fiscally sound and complies with federal, state, and college operating guidelines in support of the College mission and vision.
- Provide quality services and delivery
- Through this goal, the Office of Business Services acts to continuously review and improve work methods, ploicies, practices, and procedures to optimize value to our customers.
- Promote a positive institutional climate and culture
- Through this goal, the Office of Business Services acts to develop and promote a positive campus culture that welcomes and respects all students, employees, and visitors.
- Integrate college offerings with the community
- Through this goal, the Office of Business Services helps establish UCC as the top Douglas County venue for cultural events.
Position of Authority/Leadership
Chief Financial Officer provides collaborative financial leadership for the College; ensures the short and long-term fiscal health of the College; oversees the business practices, and ensures that the College utilizes its resources to achieve its education mission and improve institutional effectiveness. The CFO is responsible for oversight of all funds as prescribed by law and college policy and the maintenance of fiscal records.
Departments and Services
Office of Business Services consists of the following departments led by a director for each area of operation. Each area of the Office of Business Services has its own webpage and mission statement that is aligned with the College mission and embodies the core themes through the services delivered.
- Accounting and Finance focuses on management of all aspects of accounting and financial reporting for the College and oversees compliance with administrative rules as well as various federal, state, and agency regulations. It is the primary supervisory and support office for the centralized accounting functions of: general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, student accounts, grant accounting, long-term debt, capital projects, cash and investments, fixed assets, inventory, and travel. Visit Accounting and Finance.
- Bookstore sells course materials and supplies to meet the needs of the College. The store offers a variety of apparel, gifts, gift cards, spirit gear, laptops & other technology based items, and a variety of food items. The store is a certified SNAP retailer and accepts EBT cards for qualifying purchases. The department collaborates with students, faculty, and staff to provide materials and services to campus and its community. Visit Bookstore.
- Budget plans and oversees the activities of the annual and interim budget cycles for internal, external, and capital planning. It facilitates the process of translating the College's academic and administrative plans into budgets utilized for state funding requests, internal allocations and utilization, and execution of the College's strategic goals and objectives. Visit Budget.
- Cafeteria/Catering and Special Events facilitates planning and support for academic and non-academic use of college facilities and outdoor spaces as well as provides food services on campus. The department provides services and equipment for a wide variety of cultural, educational, and recreational activities, enabling campus and community organizations to produce successful events. The department collaborates with students, campus departments, and the larger community to provide helpful, high-quality, personalized service in all areas of event facilitation to enrich life of the College. Visit Special Events, Cafeteria, and Catering.
- Purchasing provides assistance throughout campus for the acquisition of goods & services with intent to properly steward that public funding entrusted to the College. It ensures compliance with all applicable federal laws, state statutes, and local policies, and guides departments through those different requirements based on mandated dollar thresholds. Visit Purchasing.
Director of Accounting & Finance
Director of Food Services