- Article I—Name
- Article II—Membership
- Article III—ASUCC Leadership Board Mission
- Article IV- ASUCC Leadership Board
- Article V—ASUCC Student Leadership Team
- Article VI—ASUCC Executive Counsel
- Article VII—ASUCC Leadership Board Defined
- Article VIII—ASUCC Leadership Team Defined
- Article IX—ASUCC Executive Council
- Article X—ASUCC Standing Committees
- Article XI—Initiative, Referendum, Recall, Regulations, Ratification and Amendments
- Article XII—Bylaws
The Bylaws shall interpret the Constitution and shall be added, amended or deleted as necessary, by the ASUCC Leadership Board. Bylaws may originate in the form of a proposal in any ASUCC Leadership Board meeting by a two-thirds (2/3) majority of the voting members or may originate in the form of a proposal from the ASUCC Constitution and Bylaws Review Committee. Any Bylaws that originate from the ASUCC Constitution and Bylaws Review Committee must be brought to the ASUCC Leadership Board for final approval. Changes to the Bylaws require a two-thirds (2/3) majority of the voting members of the ASUCC Leadership Board before they can be adopted.
- Each member of the ASUCC Leadership Board shall have one vote and there shall be no absentee or proxy voting.
- The ASUCC Leadership Board quorum is defined by three (3) ASUCC Executive Council Officers and five (5) other voting members who may be ASUCC Senators, club representatives or representatives from campus student organizations.
- Once quorum is established, the ASUCC Leadership Board can vote on substantive business. Any substantive business voted on in the absence of quorum will be invalid.
- Club representatives and representatives from campus student organizations are selected by their individual groups to carry their voice in the ASUCC Leadership Board decision-making process.
- Requirements and responsibilities for clubs and student organizations are detailed in the Bylaws and current Club Handbook.
- ASUCC Executive Council Officer and ASUCC Senator requirements and responsibilities are detailed later in this document.
A. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall meet weekly during the academic year (fall, winter and spring), with the exception of holidays, finals week and term breaks.
B. The ASUCC Leadership Board Meeting space shall be determined by the ASUCC President, or acting chair.
C. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall use the latest edition of Robert’s Rules of Order as its parliamentary guide. If there is conflict in the two documents, the ASUCC Constitution and Bylaws shall supersede the Parliamentary Guide.
A. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall review the qualifications of persons nominated for leadership positions.
B. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall have the power to initiate amendments to the Constitution, to amend or alter the Bylaws and create new policies concerning ASUCC.
C. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall have autonomy and authority to govern the use of student activities fees. Any proposal for the use of student activities fees must originate from a student as the author and shall take affect when it has been presented and passed by the ASUCC Leadership Board with a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote.
D. Any change in which constitutes the purpose of student activities fees must be presented and passed by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote by the ASUCC during an election.
E. All ASUCC Leadership Board Finances shall be subject to the policies, regulations and procedures set forth by the ASUCC Leadership Board, Umpqua Community College and the State of Oregon.
F. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall have the power to call elections.
G. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall require all members of the ASUCC Leadership Board to comply with and carry out the provisions of this Constitution and Bylaws.
H. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall have the power and authority to approve all clubs and organizations and their constitutions.
I. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall make recommendations to the college administration concerning the welfare of the students.
J. The ASUCC Leadership Board shall have the power and authority to override an action made by the ASUCC President with a two-thirds vote at any ASUCC Leadership Board Meeting.
- << Prev