Associate of Science Degree
Articulated with Oregon State University
The Rogue Credit Union (RCU) branch at Umpqua Community College (UCC) recognized with Business Innovation award.Read more ...
College alumna, community volunteer chosen as keynote commencement speaker.Read more ...
One of this year's Outstanding Student recipients is graduating after returning to school 21 years later.Read more ...
UCC opened the doors to a lot more than academics. William also discovered athletics, and the power of teamwork.Read more ...
The agricultural business management degree prepares students for successful careers in agriculture by developing strong leadership skills, promoting sound business management practices, and establishing life-long learning readiness. The degree helps a farm or ranch manager succeed in today’s complex business environment where business management skills are as important as agriculture knowledge.
Did you know?
UCC works closely with Oregon State University (OSU) to provide the Degree Partnership Program - with many ONLINE options. Students dual-enroll at UCC and OSU, reap cost savings, and benefit from access to UCC and OSU scholarships and services. Learn more.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our response form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Ag Business program.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
"I know of no pursuit in which more real and important services can be rendered to any country than by improving its agriculture, its breed of useful animals, and other branches of a husbandman's cares."
High School Opportunity
High school students should note that a major portion of the two-year Associate of Science degree can be earned via dual-credit at your high school. Dual credit classes include AG 111 - Computer Applications in Agriculture, WR 121 - English Composition, AREC 121 - Discovering Agricultural & Resource Economics. Check with your school's FFA Chapter or advisor now, you may already be taking classes that qualify for the degree.
"When in doubt, let your horse do the thinkin."
Career paths for students completing a two-year degree in Agricultural Business Management include farm or ranch supervisor, wholesale and manufacturing sales representative, and agriculture worker. Careers for students completing a four-year degree include: agricultural program manager, marketing coordinator, agricultural produce broker, investment banker, trade analyst, commodities broker, economic analyst, and compliance analyst.
Two-Year Program Outcomes:
- Communicate effectively using oral and written skills
- Use appropriate current technology such as computers and the internet
- Understand basic business vocabulary
- Exhibit critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Explain economic theory at the basic level
- Perform basic algebra and calculus calculations
- Analyze and evaluate agribusiness problems and management decisions on a basic level
The two-year Associate of Science degree has been developed with the cooperation and support of Oregon State University College of Agricultural Sciences Applied Economics Department. The degree is designed to assist students planning to transfer to Oregon State University or another four-year institution with an Agricultural Business program. Oregon State University is recognized as a world-class center in agriculture and forestry, ranked seventh in the world in an international survey.
"To own a bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch their renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man (or woman) can do."
Charles Dudley Warner
View / Download catalog information for Agricultural Business Management: Associate of Science Degree
View / Download advising information for Agricultural Business Management: Associate of Science Degree
Other Business Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Agricultural Business Management: Associate of Science Degree - articulated with OSU
- Business Administration: Associate of Science Degree - articulated with SOU
- Business Management: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Entrepreneurship: Pathways Certificate
- Financial Services: Pathways Certificate
- Marketing: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Supervision: One-year Certificate
- WAFC Retail Management Certificate
Residents of WA, ID, NV, and CA
If you are from Washington, Idaho, Nevada, or California, you pay Oregon resident tuition rates. That's a big discount! You might also be interested in what life is like around UCC. Find out.
Money for College
Get access to millions of dollars that are available to students - not just loans. There are scholarships, grants and work study opportunities too! Every student can use money for college. It can help you to be more successful. Plus, it can lower your debt load when you finish college. Some students actually leave college debt-free! Here are some important sources of money for college. Don't let these opportunities for financial aid pass you by. Act now! Decide. Commit. Succeed.
- Pell Grants part of FAFSA (for undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need.)
- Federal Work Study part of FAFSA (Work on Campus. Get experience in the workforce.)
- Scholarships, OSAC, FAFSA, and more (Sources of money for college.)
- UCC Scholars (Tuition waiver for high school seniors with high GPAs.)
At UCC, you can earn a TWO-YEAR TRANSFER DEGREE for less than you'll pay for one year at a state university. Plus, UCC offers:
• Seamless, direct transfer degrees
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• In-person, online, and hybrid classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
Toni Clough - Contact
Chair, Associate Professor, Business