Umpqua Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding an institution’s accredited status by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
8060 165th Avenue N.E., Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052 (425) 558-4224
- Annual Reports
- 2020 September: Hoc Report
- 2019 March: Mid-Cycle Report and Addendum
- 2017 September: Year-One Evaluation Report and Ad Hoc Report
- 2017 March Ad Hoc Report
- 2016 October: Ad Hoc Report
- 2016 March: Year Seven Comprehensive Self-Evaluation Report
Program Specialized Accreditation
In addition to achieving regional institutional accreditation form NWCCU, UCC is recognized by multiple national agencies for specialized accreditation for specific programs.
- Dental Assisting – Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Emergency Medical Services – Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Automotive Technology – National Automotive Technical Education Foundation
Agency Self-Study and Approvals
UCC maintains program approval requirements from multiple state and national agencies to ensure UCC program quality and continuous improvement.
- Nursing – Oregon State Board of Nursing
- Adult and Pre-College Education Approvals – HECC/CCWD
- Small Business Development Center -