Start Your University Journey at UCC

Tap Hall with Students and Staff outside enjoying the day

One of the best places to begin your bachelor’s degree is at a community college. UCC offers many of the freshman and sophomore courses you will find at universities, allowing you to stay close to home and complete courses at a fraction of the cost. UCC offers a choice of programs that allow you to transfer to another college or university.

Will your UCC classes transfer? This guide will show you which courses at UCC will transfer to the 7 public universities in Oregon.


Dan Ruch, Transfer Advisor, 541-440-7743
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Learn more about transfer programs

Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AAOT) ▼

Associate of Arts - Oregon Transfer
With an AAOT degree you can transfer your credits as a block to any institution in the Oregon University system. The credits you have earned should satisfy the lower division general education requirements for that institution’s baccalaureate degree programs. Students with an AAOT will likely have junior standing for registration purposes. There may be special requirements for specific programs or schools, as well as requirements for admissions, foreign language, and cultural literacy. You should work closely with UCC advisors, faculty, and with representatives of the transfer institution to make the transfer process as smooth as possible.

Transfer Education Areas of Focus
Once you make the choice to begin your bachelor’s degree by first getting your AAOT, you can make the most of your time at UCC by choosing an area of focus listed below. Choosing an emphasis will pair you with academic and faculty advisors that have specific knowledge in your area of interest.

Applied Science and Technology

Computer Science

Business Administration

Business Administration

Health Sciences

Pre-Professional Health Care
Dentistry, Medical Technology, Medicine, Optometry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Veterinary Medicine)

Pre-Nursing Program

(This degree path provides the pre-requisites necessary for acceptance into the UCC Nursing Program as well as additional requirements that lead to a BSN degree from OHSU)


World Lanugages: Spanish

Performing and Visual Arts

Theater Arts
Visual Arts

Public Safety

Criminal Justice

Associate of Science Oregon Transfer (ASOT) ▼

Associate of Science (AS)
The Associate of Science Oregon Transfer (ASOT), is a statewide degree approved by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) and Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development (CCWD). You can complete this AS degree and then transfer to any Oregon college offering a 4-year degree in Computer Science.



Associate of Science (AS) ▼

Associate of Science (AS)
The AS degree is designed for students planning to transfer credits to a specific baccalaureate degree program. Students take classes that allow them to focus on their major requirements. Unless directly articulated with a university, this degree does not guarantee that students will be accepted as having completed all lower division comprehensive and general education requirements for a baccalaureate degree.

Applied Science and Technology

Natural Resources*

Business Administration

Business Administration**

Performing and Visual Arts


Public Safety

Criminal Justice**

Social and Behavioral Sciences

Early Childhood Education**
Human Services**



* Specific OSU transfer options available.
** Specific SOU transfer options available.

Oregon Transfer Module (OTM) ▼

Oregon Transfer Module (OTM)
The OTM is a good option if you are only planning on spending one year here at UCC before transferring. It is an approved 45-unit subset of general education courses that are common among Oregon's colleges and universities. Upon transfer, the receiving institution may specify additional coursework that is required for a major or degree requirements or to make up the difference between the transfer module and the institution’s total general education requirements. You should work closely with UCC advisors, faculty, and with representatives of the transfer institution to make the transfer process as smooth as possible.

Core Transfer Maps (CTM) ▼

Core Transfer Maps (CTM)
This is a good choice if you only want to pick up a few credits of general education courses before transferring. Core Transfer Maps are designed for students who have not yet declared a major but do plan to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program. The 30 credits of general education requirements are designed to transfer and count toward a bachelor's degree at any Oregon Public University. Some majors have specific course requirements for categories within the Core Transfer Maps. You should work closely with UCC advisors, faculty, and with representatives of the transfer institution to make the transfer process as smooth as possible.

Associate of General Studies (AGS) ▼

Associate of General Studies (AGS)
The AGS is a flexible degree option that enables you to complete an Associate degree that is tailored to the general education requirements of the transfer school. While this flexibility can be useful, you should use great care to make sure that UCC courses will transfer to the desired university program. Educational planning for the AGS should be done with the help of your UCC advisor and the transfer advisor of the college you are planning to transfer to.


Jobs@UCC | A-Z Index | Maps & Parking | Campus Directory | Site Search | Web Feedback | Contact Us

Employee Website (TheNest) | Hawk Squawk eNewsletter | Alumni Membership | Complaints & Concerns | COVID-19 Information | COVID-19 Protocols

© 2021 Umpqua Community College, 1140 Umpqua College Rd., Roseburg, OR 97470
Phone: 541-440-4600 | Toll Free: 800-820-5161 | Oregon Relay TTY: 711

UCC Non-Discrimination Statement.
UCC is an equal opportunity employer and educator. 
Umpqua Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.