Complete this program online!
Experience the convenience and flexibility of studying online with UCC.
UCC's fully online Legal Assistant Certificate program is designed to provide the basic competencies and practical skills necessary to succeed as a legal assistant or to continue working towards a degree in paralegal studies. The program takes about a year to complete.
Students with a criminal record are strongly urged to research employability before entering the paralegal program. If you enter the paralegal program with a felony conviction, you should disclose this information to your paralegal advisor and any Cooperative Work Experience (CWE) employer.
Upon completion, you may gain employment in law firms, businesses, insurance companies, financial institutions, public agencies, title companies, or for federal, state, county, or city government offices.
According to the Oregon Department of Labor, the projected growth rate in this industry state wide is expected to exceed 14% percent over the next year. Students who complete this certificate can earn $12 - $15 per hour.
For more information about this field, you may want to explore the Oregon Labor Market Information System website.
View / Download Career Pathways information for Paralegal Studies
View / Download catalog information for Legal Assistant (Certificate)
- A grade of C or better must be earned in all LA courses or courses must be retaken.
- If you cannot accurately keyboard at least 45 wpm, you should take OA 110: Alphabetic Keyboarding and/or OA 124: Keyboarding Skill Enhancement early in the program.
- If required by placement test results, you may need to take WR 115 to reach the WR 121 requirement.
- Acceptance into the Paralegal Program will be postponed if placement is below WR 115.
- Working knowledge of MS Word
Please contact the counseling center to take your placement testing.
Scheduling requirements may prevent all courses from being offered every term. Consultation with an adviser is critical to student’s selection of courses.
Other Paralegal Certificates & Degrees at UCC
At UCC, you can earn a variety of certificates and degrees that can enhance your current career or place you in the workforce sooner. Plus, UCC offers:
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
Crystal Sullivan - Contact
Coordinator, Associate Professor, Paralegal