Page 3 of 7
It shall be the responsibility of the Vice President to:
- Discharge the duties of the ASUCC President in the case of absence, resignation, or forfeiture of the office by the ASUCC President.
- Serve as the parliamentarian to the ASUCC Student Government Leadership Team.
- Serve as chair of the Elections Committee.
- Serve as the representative to the Oregon Community College Student Association (OCCSA).
- Maintain a working relationship with local legislators on issues that affect community college students.
- Update the ASUCC Student Government Leadership Team on legislative issues that affect community college students.
- Work with the ASUCC Public Relations Director to distribute relevant legislative information on campus.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the Oregon State legislative structure, hotlines and bill procedures.
- Serve as a representative on the Achieving the Dream college committee.
- Coordinate and supervise ASUCC regular and special elections.
- Facilitate any ASUCC appointments processes.
- Review and update any materials pertaining to ASUCC Elections
- Carry out to the best of his/her individual abilities any additional duties assigned by the ASUCC Student Government Leadership Team.