Computer Lab Policies
By using a library computer, you agree to abide by the UCC Acceptable Use Policy. All use of college-owned equipment and network services must be in compliance with applicable UCC policies, procedures and guidelines as well as the laws of the State of Oregon.
- Community members and students not enrolled in UCC credit classes are welcome to use the Computer Lab up to one hour per day.
- If you are not currently enrolled in a UCC credit class or if you are printing items for personal use, please pay $.05 a page for your print jobs at the Circulation Desk.
- Lab printers are not available for special print jobs, such as printing to labels, envelopes, colored paper, or any products other than the plain white letter size paper stocked in the printer.
- Please keep printing to a minimum.
- Library Lab computers are available on a first come, first serve basis. All computers in the lab have the same software available. Two computers are attached to scanners and have additional software for the scanners. Laptops are available for check-out.
- Depending on availability, use of the library computers may be limited to current UCC students only. If you are a student using computers for activities unrelated to course assignments, you may be asked to leave the lab when it is full and others are waiting.
- No online gaming is permitted in the library lab between 9 am and 5 pm.
- The library computers are for accessing the Internet and library databases, or for using applications related to classroom instruction as discussed in the UCC Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you have to talk in the computer lab, keep it brief and please whisper. Talking on phones is not permitted in the lab. Phone conversations and loud talking annoys those around you in the lab. And please turn off your phone ringer while you are in the library.
- Please place used paper into the recycling boxes provided.
- No food is allowed in the lab areas. Please use the nearby shelves to store stuff while you're in the lab.
- Operate the equipment with respect and care.
- No one under 16 is allowed in the computer lab area. (Exception: underage students enrolled in a UCC class requiring the use of the library computers.)
- Failure to abide by these rules could result in losing your access to library computers.
- PLEASE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO USE THIS RESOURCE RESPONSIBLY. Please observe these restrictions and cooperate with the lab aide.
SOFTWARE AND DATA FILES
- Do not install or download any software to the hard drive.
- Do not run any programs from any storage medium.
- Do not plug any portable back up units, digital cameras, or any other peripherals into the lab computers without permission. Check with the staff first.
- Software may be installed on the computers by Computer Services staff only.
- Modification of any of the installed programs or system files is not allowed.
- In case of hardware or software problems or the need for paper contact the Lab Aide or Library staff.
- Please do not reboot computer if it locks up. Contact the lab aide or library staff.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!