Analyze, design, implement and support basic network systems such as Cisco routers and switches. This certificate is a four-course sequence that prepares students for an industry certification such as the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator).
Network Administrators install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system or a segment of a network system. Maintain network hardware and software. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
This occupation is expected to grow much faster than the statewide average. Total job openings are projected to be somewhat higher than the statewide average.
View / Download Career Pathways information for Health Informatics
Other CIS Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Computer Information Systems: AAS
- Health Informatics: AAS
- Microsoft Office Technologist: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Database Analyst: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Programmer: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Web Developer: Pathways Certificate
- Server Administrator: Pathways Certificate
At UCC, you can earn a TWO-YEAR TRANSFER DEGREE for less than you'll pay for one year at a state university. Plus, UCC offers:
• Seamless, direct transfer degrees
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
John Blackwood, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS
Vince Yip, MS - Contact
Assistant Professor, CIS