Umpqua Community College’s partnership with Toyota offers a Toyota Option for students who want to become Toyota Certified in addition to the Automotive Technology Degree.
The students need to complete the following requirements:
- Meet all school requirements for degree, including all general education requirements.
- Pass each of Toyota’s required tests in ELearning and Instructor led, Toyota infused classes. All test scores must be 80% or higher for student seeking Toyota certificate.
- Complete an approved Worksite Education Experience of a minimum 640 hours (Note: 425 hours are included in the UCC degree), which increases electives from 11 to 13 (see Program Adviser)
- Pass any TWO ASE tests from A-1 through A-8
- Pass an Air-Conditioning Certificate from one of the following organizations:
- ASE (Refrigerant recovery and recycling certification test)
- Mobile Air Conditioning Society
- International Mobile Air Conditioning Association
Total Degree requirements for Toyota option = 94
Students in the T-TEN program will be responsible for travel, housing, and living expenses during the required summer internship. Cost varies according to internship location, and are not covered by student fees.
View / Download Career Pathways information for Automotive Service Technology
View / Download catalog information for Automotive Service Technology
At UCC, you can earn a variety of certificates and degrees that can enhance your current career or place you in the workforce sooner. Plus, UCC offers:
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
John Blakely - Contact
Coordinator, Associate Professor, Automotive