Process and Materials
Please read these instructions carefully.
The application process is TWO PARTS.
Part 1 – Program Application is open from January 24-February 24, 2017
To be considered for the UCC Scholars Program, the online application form must be completed by February 24 at 5pm. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
The online application is a Google Form which can be accessed using either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. You MUST use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to complete the application form. Please note: the application must be completed in one session, as it cannot be saved and returned to. A sample application in PDF format can be viewed here: SAMPLE APPLICATION
Applicants access the application by going to http://www.umpqua.edu/ucc-scholars and by selecting the “CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION” link on the page.
All submitted UCC Scholars applications will be verified by March 2 and eligible applicants will be notified via email by March 3 and provided access to upload eligibility documentation starting March 6.
- An applicant must have applied for admission to UCC – http://www.umpqua.edu/apply as the student id number assigned upon applying for admission will be used throughout the UCC Scholars application process.
- Transcript and other documents should requested in a timely manner, to allow for uploading during the March 6-March 24 time frame.
Recommended (not required):
- It is highly recommended (not required) that the applicant complete the FAFSA at http://fafsa.ed.gov
- It is highly recommended (not required) that the appliant apply for the Oregon Promise at http://www.oregonstudentaid.gov/oregon-promise.aspx
Part 2 – Eligibility Documentation open March 6 – March 24
Eligible and verified participants will be able to upload the following documents (if applicable) into Canvas:
- Unofficial high school or home school transcript showing unweighted cumulative G.P.A. through the seventh (7th) semester
- Documents demonstrating placement into WR 115 or higher and MTH 95 or higher
- Documentation of registration with the local ESD (for Home School students only)
Marjan Coester - Contact
Director of Student Life & Campus Engagement