It is ultimately your responsibility to obtain the correct books for classes. All required texts are clearly marked with shelf tags. Double-check the subject, course, and CRN with those on the class schedule.
Textbooks may only be returned if you have dropped or changed classes. The following conditions apply.:
- Returns may be done only through the first week of the term in which they were purchased. No refunds will be issued after the first week of that term, no exceptions. After the first week of the term, all textbooks sales are final.
- You must have a copy of your current schedule dated the day you come in to return your text; this can be obtained from the Registration Office.
- You should have a receipt for proof of purchase.
- There is a $2 return fee subtracted from the total refund.
- Refunds will be given in the same manner as the purchase, e.g. if a credit card was used, the same credit card is needed for a refund; if financial aid was used, financial aid will be credited.
- Shrink-wrapped books will be considered used once unwrapped and will be refunded at the used price. There are circumstances when a new, shrink-wrapped book will be non-refundable. Ask a bookseller for details.
- New, unwrapped books, i.e. new books that were never shrink-wrapped, must be in new condition; if bent or marked, it will be refunded as a used book. Water damaged books will not be refunded.
- Software, laptops, tablets, computers, calculators, and other electronics are non-returnable.
Credit Card Policy
- The UCC Bookstore will accept a Visa or Mastercard with bank authorization if it has the cardholder’s name and signature on it. Purchaser must be in possession of the card at the time the purchase is made. Please be prepared to show I.D.
- If you are using a parent’s card, you must have a signed authorization from the cardholder for each purchase, stating: card number, expiration date, your name, date and a dollar limit.
- Returns will be credited to the same card on which the purchase was made.
- We are unable to accept credit/debit cards payments over the phone. If you can’t come to the store, visit the UCC Bookstore website to make purchases with a credit/debit card.