Associate of Science Oregon Transfer
Computer Science (CS) is the study of programs, data, computing machinery, and how these interact.
This is a new Associate of Science Oregon Transfer (ASOT), a statewide degree approved by the HECC and CCWD. A student can complete this AS degree and then transfer to any Oregon college offering a 4-year degree in CS.
Application and Acceptance
Before gaining acceptance into the Computer Science degree program, students should demonstrate completion of MTH 111 or MTH 112 placement; compass testing into WR 121, and reading score of 81 or higher.
- Acquire new information and adapt to changes in the computer technology field.
- Apply a logical and systematic approach to solve problems.
- Use written, oral, and visual interpersonal skills to communicate with individuals or small groups.
- Design and implement computer software applications.
- Develop an application for an N-tiered environment.
- Evaluate and compare different algorithms applicable to a given task.
- Apply theoretical foundations learned when developing software.
- Use current database technologies to create and build database objects.
Computer science is a foundation that allows graduates to explore a wide range of career possibilities. Popular computer science careers include programming and software development, computer hardware innovation and development, testing mathematical algorithms, managing the technological infrastructure of an organization, and digital security.
Majors in computer science are offered at OSU, PSU, SOU, UO, and WOU in Oregon. Please be aware that the core CS curriculum and major options vary at the above-listed schools. Consult with a UCC faculty adviser before beginning your first term at the UCC as a CS transfer major.
Students enrolling in this program can expect to take courses in the following subject areas:
- Computer Science
- Discrete Math
- Technical Report Writing
View / Download catalog information for CIS Associate of Science Oregon Transfer (ASOT)
CIS Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Health Informatics: AAS
- Computer Information Systems: AAS
- Computer Information Systems: One-Year Certificate
- Cisco Networking Support Technician: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Database Administrator: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Programmer: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Web Developer: Pathways Certificate
- Microsoft Office Technologist: Pathways Certificate
At UCC, you can earn a TWO-YEAR TRANSFER DEGREE for less than you'll pay for one year at a state university. Plus, UCC offers:
• Seamless, direct transfer degrees
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• Online classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
John Blackwood, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS
Vince Yip, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS