Checking out a laptop or iPad implies agreement with the following:
“I have read and understand the Laptop/iPad Check-Out Policy (below). I agree to pay all costs associated with damage to this laptop computer or its replacement costs should it be lost or stolen. I understand that there are significant overdue fines for the late return of this laptop and that the replacement cost for this laptop is $1500 and any associated overdue fines.”
Check-Out Policies for Laptops & iPads
- Library laptops/iPads are available to currently enrolled UCC students for 3 hour periods for use inside the library and may be checked out at the Library Circulation Desk during Library open hours. Laptops must be returned no later than 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Only UCC students currently enrolled in CREDIT CLASSES are eligible to check out Library Laptops or iPads. Students must have their UCC ID card with a current term sticker.
- If you checkout a laptop or iPad, it is assumed you know how to use it responsibly. The library staff and lab aides are not able to provide hardware or software troubleshooting, tutoring, or assistance.
- Laptops/iPads will be available on a first come, first served basis and may not be reserved in advance. Only one laptop or iPad at a time may be borrowed by an individual.
- Laptop/iPads/peripherals can be renewed with the student I.D. card used for checkout as long as item(s) are not overdue.
- Don’t be late! Return the laptop before it is overdue.
FINES: $5/any part of first hour and $10/any part of each additional hour. $1500 replacement cost for a lost, damaged-beyond-repair, or stolen laptop. After 24 hours overdue, the laptop will be considered lost and billed to the borrower's account.
- Always return the laptop or iPad to a library staff member-- DO NOT leave it unattended.
- Save files to your own storage media. Do not save personal files or download software to the laptop hard drive at any time. Files will be deleted and you may lose the privilege of checking out laptops/iPads.
- The student to whom the laptop/iPad is checked out is responsible for any associated costs if the laptop/iPad or peripheral is lost, stolen, damaged, or overdue. Do not leave the laptop or iPad unattended.
- Report any problems with the laptop/iPad immediately. If available, another will be checked out to you.
- Laptops/iPads are battery powered, unless it is plugged in. Watch for “battery low” warnings.
- Comply with all library and college policies regarding use of technology.
- The College is not responsible for any viruses which may be transferred to a user’s personal storage device, nor is it responsible for any lost or corrupted files.